Old May 11th 06, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Fabulous Furballs v. dog

Lesley wrote:

Hi all

Saturday afternoon about 5.20 I was walking back from the shops, all
that was on my mind was takeaway, Dr Who and a book I wanted to finish
when...I saw a lovely gold cocker spaniel running wild on a busy road
with no collar....What could I do?

snip
Dunzi decided discretion is the better part of valour and stayed in the
doorway

Not so Sarrasine..in she comes, slowly. She gets to about 6 or so feet
from the dog and stops, she stares at him wide eyed and slightly
fluffed up and the dog stares at her

For about 5 minutes neither side breaks stares then Sarrasine plainly
decides she's made her position clear and starts to wash herself.

Dog growls at her...

She flashed dog a look that said "I am tolerating you because Meowmie
says you will be gone soon. But HOW DARE YOU INTERRUPT ME AT MY
TOILETTE!"

Dog is cowered down and whining in a second...

Cats 1. Dog 0 I should have known

(Did get dog to police for the night. Next morning road is covered with
posters for missing dog (His name is Scott) when I called the number
on the poster, his owner had been putting up posters when someone in
the cab office remembered me taking him to Limehouse police station so
she went down and retrieved him. She's just moved into the flats down
the side of us and she had him locked in a room even had a sign on the
door asking people not to open it but apparently someone can't read. So
it's a happy ending)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous (and overdosed on ham) Furballs

Thank you for taking such good care of the d*ggie. And I'm glad your
kitties showed him who is the boss!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek