Old March 16th 05, 11:06 AM
hobbs

Years ago my husband was really angry at something, I forget what after all
these years, but he put his fist through the kitchen wall, fortunately
it was an inside wall so it was probably plasterboard, or he would have
broken his hand, but once when we were first married I was sweeping the
hearthwith the little hearth brush and shovel and we were arguing
about something I was on my haunches and he poked me in the shoulder
knocking me over as I was unbalanced and I let fly with the brush, it hit
him on the forehead and brought blood I thinkit floored him cause he just
pointed to the blood and said look what you've done to me. It stopped the
argument anyway. Jean.P.

On 2005-03-14, jmcquown penned:

I am ashamed to say this. No, let this be a lesson to people. My
ex-husband (divorced 21 years ago, thank Bast) got angry at our puppy

for
pooping on the floor and he hit him and then flung him onto the cement
balcony where he'd constructed sort of an enclosure for him. A few

minutes
later he was yelling, "Jill! Something's wrong with Sampson!" He made

me
drive him with the dog to the emergency vet without me even getting my
glasses. I'm blind as a bat and there I was driving in the dark unable

see. The man examining him said, "Oh my, was he hit by a car?" My

husband
said, "Yes!" I was so ****ed, I said, "Oh no, he wasn't! You hit him

and
threw him down on the pavement because he pooped on the carpet!" My ex

was
appropriately ashamed. After we got home he made an excuse, left and

didn't
come back for 48 hours. As far as I'm concerned he should *never* have

come
back. I got the dog in the property settlement.

Jill

Poor Sampson! Poor you!

Reading this story, I have to wonder, were you afraid your ex would

retaliate
for telling the truth?

I remember one time when my ex got angry at a computer game and punched

his
keyboard so hard that he broke it (and nearly broke his hand). It upset

me so
much that I was crying and truly scared, especially when I saw the

expression
on his face. We didn't last much longer. He never raised a hand to me,

but
after that experience I never quite trusted him.

Since then, I've punched a door (also angry at a computer game) myself,

and I
wonder how I could have such a negative reaction to others' violence when

did the same thing myself. It's not logical or fair. Is breaking an

object
an acceptable way to vent anger, or is it one step on the way to letting

loose
on people? I think it's a bad thing, but I've spoken to other people who
think it's normal.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully