Old October 25th 04, 04:06 AM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:51:55 +0100, "Christina Websell"
yodeled:

"Yoj" wrote in message news:XjVed.9581$around the
US recently Actually, the most common Aussie accent bears a definite
resemblance to
the English Cockney accent. There is also the fact that a large number
of Aussies came from England originally, and never lost their English
accent.

Joy

Not so. No Australians I've even met sounded like they were English, and I
should know. Only English people sound like they're English.

Tweed

Yea-- I should have added that it's only Americans who seem to mistake
Australians for English. English people NEVER mistake Aussies for
English-- and Aussies NEVER mistake Poms for Aussies.

Theresa