Old March 31st 04, 06:05 PM
Mary

"Mimi" wrote:

...but I just don't
know what else to do to console her.

Sure you do, but you don't want to do it. I understand. I "had no
interest" in adopting another cat when my cat died at age 20--until
two months had passed. Maybe everyone has their own inner time table
for this sort of thing. Maybe you will never want another cat, but I
hope not. You know there are so many kittens and adults who need you,
and while no cat can replace your sweet boy, one might come to be your
heart's delight just the same. Your kitty is lonely for her lost
companion. He will never be replaced for her either, but another cat
who needs a home could at least distract her. When you are ready, if
you ever are, please consider opening your broken heart to another
kitty. It helped mine to heal. Don't want a kitten due to the hassle
of training one? Get a young adult that has been socialized at a
no-kill shelter, if they have one in your area. Sweetest, best
behaved, most grateful cats ever.