Old December 21st 05, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Default Capt. Midnight -- Monday Night Update

we will purr and pray for you, Soft and her very sad house
ChildFree23 wrote in message
ink.net...
Capt. Midnight is a relatively young senior citizen cat, only 12.
We estimate he was around 2 when we found him ten and a half
years ago and have had him ever since. My mom, a retired vet
assistant, is going to push to be the one who holds him when he
is put under for the surgery so if it turns out to be the worst,
she will be the last sensory experience he ever had.

Fangu.

Meowmie Debby

"Stormmee" wrote in message
This is what we did for Miss Violette, If you spend time with
him before the
surgery, expect he will go to the bridge then if he is able to
be helped you
can be happy, if not, doing the exploratory lets you know for
sure and you
know you did everything you could, I am so sorry you had to
face this, I am
crying for you and me both, Soft and her house...
ChildFree23 wrote in message
nk.net...
Capt. Midnight was discharged from the emergency TED and went
the regular TED. To refresh everyone's memory, he's been
throwing
up since Saturday, the barium was able to pass through the
large
intestine, and both TED's found a mass by palpation. The
emergency TED thought it was an intestinal blockage. The
regular
TED seems to think it could be something else, and thinks it
could be advantageous to do an exploratory to see if it's
something that can be remedied. If it can't be fixed, we'll
help
him to the Bridge.

Now for the ultimate question: If it were your cat, would you
help him to the bridge without doing the exploratory, or would
you do the explorator and if it's something that can't be
fixed
then ask the vet not to wake him up?

Meowmie Debby
With MMS