Old December 8th 08, 03:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

Default Geeks & RPGs

tanadashoes kirjoitti:
wrote in message
I've tried a couple of RPGs (D&D), but I got a little bored because it
seemed to be mostly about battles. I know there are different types of
characters, mages and bards and so forth, but most of the action and
dice-rolling has to do with fighting, and I guess I don't have a lot of
patience for that.

That said, I enjoyed the first group I played with. It was a group of
co-workers, and the guy who ran the dungeon was a lot of fun. Plus,
people didn't take it too seriously and mostly we just did a lot of
laughing. The second group was extremely boring, but I think it was
because the DM was inexperienced and she just spent WAY TOO LONG setting
up characters with each individual person. For most of the time, I was
just sitting there waiting for her to come over to help me set up my
characater. I quit before the game even got started, after 3 or 4
meetings of waiting.

snip
That being said, I love games of most kinds. Like cards, board games, RPGs
and some computer games. Someday I'll find someone who plays canasta.

Pam S

You may know it already, but there is Canasta on Yahoo Games...
You need a Yahoo user name for it tho, it's a multiplayer thingy.
http://games.yahoo.com/card-games - and from here choose Canasta.

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com