Old June 15th 09, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default Help My Cat Box smells

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 12:11:14 -0700 (PDT), bierma
wrote:

I have tried and tried to keep my appartment from smelling like a
cat...I clean the box a lot bust still smell that smell...any Ideas?
Help my puddy lol

Many fine suggestions already, but the food is also important. When I
fed the cats crappy food, like 9-Lives or Friskees or some supermarket
brand (cheap), the box gets full quickly and stinks. When using a
quality food (Proplan, Wellness, etc) there is less output and it
doesn't really smell much.

Contrary to what most people recommend (1 litter box for each cat plus
1 extra), all three of my cats use one litterbox. I never have a
problem. Use good quality food.