Old December 18th 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Spot

Default How can I get a cat to be a lap cat?

My one cat has a thing for blue jeans if you are wearing them at the time.
Any other time she could care less if she sits on your lap but relax in the
chair and have on a pair of jeans and she's right there all over you

Celeste

"santa claus" wrote in message
ps.com...

hamilton wrote:
We have a very playful kitten. Sweet personality, but for some
unexplained reason he only likes to cuddle with me. My husband would
really like a lap cat, but kitty doesn't seem interested in him at all.
I am thinking of trying things like only feeding him when he's sitting
on hubby's lap, but that seems extreme if there's an easier way. Any
ideas?

just lay waaaay back, put your feet up.. and wait.

it helps to tie a fish around your neck, or little bacon treats