Old December 18th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
amyt

Default How can I get a cat to be a lap cat?

patience, my dear. you can't take the frisky oout of any kitten. all
they wanna do is play, play, play! as your cats gets older, she will
calm down and then she'll do a heck of a lot of lounging...on your lap
and otherwise, believe me!

have fun with her hyperness while she is young. it doesn't last
forever.

hamilton wrote:
We have a very playful kitten. Sweet personality, but for some
unexplained reason he only likes to cuddle with me. My husband would
really like a lap cat, but kitty doesn't seem interested in him at all.
I am thinking of trying things like only feeding him when he's sitting
on hubby's lap, but that seems extreme if there's an easier way. Any
ideas?