Old December 18th 06, 06:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Phil P.

Default How can I get a cat to be a lap cat?

"hamilton" wrote in message
oups.com...
We have a very playful kitten. Sweet personality, but for some
unexplained reason he only likes to cuddle with me. My husband would
really like a lap cat, but kitty doesn't seem interested in him at all.
I am thinking of trying things like only feeding him when he's sitting
on hubby's lap, but that seems extreme if there's an easier way. Any
ideas?

Play with the kitten using a string toy. After a few minutes, hand the wand
to your husband. Encourage your husband to play with your kitten using
interactive toys. Playing is more effective than feeding with kittens.

Phil