Old November 1st 09, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Can cats consume lactose-free milk?

informer wrote:
I heard that it's not good to give cats a saucer of milk. I then read
somewhere that the problem lies in the lactose content. So, can cats
consume lactose-free milk without getting sick?

It's not true that ALL cats can't drink cows milk - some can, and some
are allergic. Of the allergic ones, some just won't drink it, others
like it but it causes digestive upsets. You can buy canned milk
packaged especially for cats at PetSmart, PetCo, or many pet supply stores.