Old November 1st 09, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Can cats consume lactose-free milk?

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Nov 1, 8:16 am, informer wrote:
I heard that it's not good to give cats a saucer of milk. I then read
somewhere that the problem lies in the lactose content. So, can cats
consume lactose-free milk without getting sick?

You can buy lactulose free milk specifically sold as cat milk

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Persial drinks the same milk I do (usually fat free milk or 1% milkfat).
But she doesn't get it daily. She gets a little drizzle (less than a
tablespoonful) of it every couple of weeks as a treat. But every time I go
near the refrigerator she's yelling at me to give her milk. She loves the
stuff. It doesn't make her ill or give her diarrhea because I don't give it
to her often. Certainly not as often as she demands it

Jill