Old September 1st 03, 06:21 PM
Phil P.

"Ann Martin" wrote in message
om...

Someone also stated that the AAFCO, classifed livestock and pet food
in different catagories. Dr. David Dzanis, formerly a veterinary
medical officer with the CVM, made it clear in a letter that ALL AAFCO
'ingredient definitions' applied to both livestock and pet food.

Did you misrepresent others' statements in your book to suit your agenda,
also? What I actually said was:

"Because an ingredient has the same description, that doesn't mean that
ingredient can be used in either food!"

Followed by the AAFCO regulation:

"9. ANIMAL PRODUCTS . Official

*Use of this ingredient, from mammalian origins, is restricted to
non-ruminant feeds unless specifically exempted by 21 CFR 589.2000."

IOW, Martin the Manipulator, some of the ingredients used in food for
ruminants cannot be used in cat food. Cats are non-ruminant animals - I
doubt you knew that...

I said nothing about different definitions for the same ingredients used in
feed for livestock and food for cats. *You* conjured up that
misrepresentation all by yourself...I wonder how many misrepresentations you
conjured up in your book for effect.....

I wouldn't believe your so-called documentation unless it was notarized and
witnessed by a priest... and a rabbi... and a minister... and a monk...

All your hyperbole and sensationalism can't change the fact that cats are
living longer today than they've ever lived before - and the overwhelmingly
vast majority eat *commercial cat food* their entire lives... which is
usually into their late teens and even early twenties.

As I said before, if 1/10 of the "danger" you sensationalize to sell books
was *real* or *true*, the vast majority of cats that eat commercial cat
food would be dropping like flies at young ages instead of living longer...
into their late teens and even into their early twenties. *Reality* debunks
your scaremongering... you should try opening your eyes to it... But then
you
wouldn't sell many books, now would you?