Old April 11th 14, 09:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
The Nice Mean Man

Default Dry food addict. Refuses anything else

On Thursday, April 10, 2014 1:23:35 PM UTC-4, Mack A. Damia wrote:
On Mon, 7 Apr 2014 08:55:30 -0700 (PDT), Jane B

wrote:

Now that I've read how much healthier canned food over dry, I've been trying to convert my cat. She is incredibly fussy. Only eats dry food. She does not over eat, so she is fed at will.

I have tried about 30 different brands and flavors of canned foods. The only kind she's will to touch are Wellness Select with SkipJack tuna and Trader Joe's Tuna for Cats. Decent quality, but I really hate feeding her tuna and she absolutely won't touch anything else. Strangely, she loves Fancy Feast Appetizer white meat chicken, but first of all that stuff is not a balanced food, and secondly it's made with sodium nitrite. They should be ashamed!

I've tried every trick suggested in this group. She just refuses to eat at all if it's not dry or tuna flavor. If there's even a hint of another flavor mixed in she won't touch it. I also tried turning her dry into wet with water. She won't eat that either.

Now what??

My two girls are both little butterballs. Since most of the cats in

Mexico (where I live) get fed rice and beans, my vet was surprosed

when she saw and weighed them.

I have been giving them Fancy Feast dry food ( small scoop-full)

topped with a teaspoon or two of Fancy Feast wet food. I am afraid I

spoil them becasue I feed them three times a day - when I eat. I buy

their food in California.

Here is a strange thing: they both love the Famcy Feast wet food that

I buy in California. Fancy Feast also cans and sells it in Mexico,

but my cats will not touch the Mexican stuff even though it is the

same brand. Of course, I do not like Mexican beef, either; it's tough

and stringy, so maybe it's in the quality of the ingredients.

Lately, they have not been touching the dry food so much and just

eating the wet. They are always crying or mooning around the kitchen

for food!

Hope you have some luck! Cheers!

--

Four years later and I'm still waiting for that Knock, Mac the RAT...

The Nice Mean Man