Old May 24th 05, 05:28 PM
Mary

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I parted the fur on other parts of her body and the skin is the same
color there. The heating pad is just warm - not hot (but it is off
now).

Yes, I at first thought the pink was burn and then recalled that where
cats are white they have that bright pink skin! Might it be a reaction to
the fabric of the blanket? Even if she has lain on that blanket for a long
time, perhaps cats are like humans and develop allergies over the years.
Maybe you ought to have a vet take a look at your next appointment
just to be sure. It could be an early sign of something that you would
want to know about. I know how much you love Amber.