Old October 5th 16, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Marlo returns?

On 10/4/2016 9:09 PM, dgk wrote:
Not the way we were planning it, which was Mom keeping Marlo
indefinitely. But we have a big hurricane bearing down on us and,
while we don't think it will hit us directly, it's going to be bad.
Mom doesn't want to stay at her house alone, and I want to be in mine
since I have three cats to keep an eye on, so it looks like Mom and
Marlo will be moving in to my house for at least the day of the storm.

And if we lose power for a few days, which is very likely, Mom and
Marlo will probably stay for a while. I'm thinking that we'll keep
Marlo (and Mom) in the spare bedroom, but I'll probably let Mom come
out. Marlo may just stay in that room since I'm not sure that I want
her mixing with the other cats, particularly Baby.

Naturally we have a bunch of food and water, and lots of batteries and
lanterns and stuff. I'm charging all the MP3 players and Kindles, and
I have a solar charger that will charge phones. I also have a jump
starter for the car that will charge cell phones so I can't think of
much else we can do. The laptop is charging but without internet it
won't be of too much use.

Well, that's the story. I'll try to check in tomorrow since the
hurricane shouldn't hit before Thursday, but if you don't hear from me
for a few days, you know why.

Best of luck! I'm in southern South Carolina. I've been watching the
Hurricane Matthew storm track. It's actually a pretty slow-moving
hurricane. Strong, but slow.

You, your mom and the cats, I worry about. And Marlo and your mom
sharing a room, they've sort of bonded; maybe less stressful for them
to share a room and keep the other cats out. While you keep an eye on
the storm. Be Safe!

Where I live in terms of the storm I think the government is
overreacting. The Governor issued an evacuation order today. The
schools are closed.

I'm looking at weather maps, looking outside. It's partly cloudy with a
chance of rain.

Satellite and graphic images, Hurricane Matthew is HUGE, yes. But it's
not expected to get anywhere near the South Carolina coast until Friday.
It's moving very slowly north/northeast at 9-10 MPH.

Buffy and I aren't going anywhere.

Jill