Old December 30th 05, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Fireworks Ban [Partly OT]

CatNipped wrote:
Some of you may have heard that we're having problems with brush fires
here in Texas. The governor has likened the state to a "tinder box"
because it has been so dry for so long. They speculate that the cause of
the brush fires are people ignoring the burn ban.

Because of this aerial fireworks have been banned in Harris county
(Houston and surrounding areas), and all adjacent counties. I'm *REALLY*
hoping that people obey this ban, but just in case we're going to soak
our roof down with a hose tomorrow night. [I've never liked the simple
"bang" type firecrackers (Black Cats and Cherry Bombs), although I like
to watch a choreographed fireworks display.]

"Fireworks"???? Stop me if I'm wrong, but I thought this was the first of
January, not July! Did I lose six months somewhere?

Maybe it's just the south, but I thought they celebrated the new year all
over by firing off fireworks!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped