Old December 20th 03, 09:13 AM
jmcquown

Default Persia and Peaches

Persia is doing much better. But she's still terribly jealous of my new
small parrot, Peaches. I've discovered through reading that Peaches is not
a peachface but rather a Nyasa lovebird. Tonight I had her out of her cage
(long story) cradled in my hand and was stroking her head. She relaxed to
the point of getting sleepy-eyed before I put her back in the cage.

Persia had been hiding because I gave her more Clavamox and then vacuumed
the apartment (she hates the vacuum.) She came out while I was holding
Peaches and started meowing at me and rubbing up against my legs. Peaches,
thankfully, only cast one glance at Persia and realized I wasn't going to
feed her to the cat!

It's a delicate balance between these two, particularly since Persia has
been ill. I suspect she thinks she's being supplanted by the bird, which is
not at all true. Persia is my baby.

Jill