Old October 6th 03, 02:03 AM
EKKO BURT

I have 2 cats that were used to using a regular litterbox. They didn't know
what to think about the big noisy Littermaid litterbox, but what I did was
to get it and put it right next to their old box and not clean it as often
as they like. They eventually started using Littermaid box and I removed
the old one. I also have 2 cats and they use the same box and I don't have
a problem. The only problem is that I have to change the disposal container
every few days rather than once a week. Not too bad considering I was
cleaning the box nightly to begin with. If you want to see if 1 box is
sufficient, maybe try moving the regular box next to the Littermaid box and
see if they will use it there, don't clean it is often and see if they will
switch. My cats are fine with it now, and they are very spooked by loud
noises and things moving having come from an abusive home. As for the
better alternative, Littermaid or Performa, I don't have an answer for that,
I have only used the Littermaid. I hope this is helpful.
~Ekko

"Adam Helberg" wrote in message
ink.net...

"F. Robert Falbo" wrote in message
.. .

I have a question for you. I have two cats, a 3 year old female and just

got a 16 week old male
kitten 3 weeks ago. The older cat still gets upset over the kitten but is

gradually getting
used to him. She uses a Littermaid and the kitten uses a regular box that

I have to clean twice
a day. Do you think I can eventually get both cats to use the Littermaid

or do I need to get a
second automatic box? Is it true I need one box per cat? If I do get

another box do you
recommend the Littermaid or Performa?

Adam