Old August 11th 03, 05:50 AM
John Biltz

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 21:35:50 -0700, LOL wrote
(in message ) :

Karen Chuplis wrote in message
in article , Stacey at
wrote on 8/10/03 10:06 AM:

Egads.. then you'd have to get CLOSE to it!!!!!!

Stacey (who's been known to run around naked while spraying a spider with
Windex till it drowned)

Indeed. I once hairsprayed a wasp to death for the same reason. (blush) I
felt bad, but I could not have it in the room!! Usually I just try to
remove
bugs to the outside via a glass and cardboard, but just wasn't doable with
wasp.

Karen

I'm sorry, but if it has more than 4 legs, is in my house, and doesn't
stay decently hidden, it's very likely to die. A spider that lurks up
in the corner of the ceiling in its web can stay; a spider that comes
stomping its too-numerous legs across the floor towards me just has a
deathwish, imo.

I very, very rarely use bug spray, because of Mike, but I have found
that a wide range of cleaning supplies and grooming products will do
just as good a job. It's kind of alarming, really - stuff I routinely
apply to *myself* makes bugs keel right over.

------
Krista

Probably suffocates them. Bugs breathe through holes in their shell and
don't have lungs. That and the alcohol in most stuff. Think about how
long you would survive buried under half your weight in hair spray.