Old July 14th 03, 02:04 AM

Caliban wrote:
Don't be so black and white about who is and is not a saint. And why aren't
you spending your money on saving the lives of children, hm? Do cats outrank
children in your mind?

I'll donate to causes for animals a lo tmore than I'll donate to causes
for children. There are plenty more people willing to already donat their
money to save the children... less people are as willing to donate for
pets.

You're judging, and it's out of line IMO. My point is you don't know exactly
what the OP faces. He or she may have children to care for. What of the
people who choose saving children over saving the family pet? Do you call
them despicable?

The contention I've seen is not that she is horrible for not spending the
money but that she could get a second opinion and could find a cheaper
vet (it seems many thinkt he current vet is soaking her, and judging from
the price I saw, I agree). The contention I see is that people don't feel
the vet she is going to is treating her right.

Alice

--
The root cause of problems is simple overpopulation. People just aren't
worth very much any more, and they know it. Makes 'em testy. ...Bev
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) Cat by Felix Lee.