Old April 8th 09, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default Can Mosey Have Some Purrs? I Need some too, please

Phosphate in soft drinks is a significant cause of osteoporosis
Yeah, because it depletes your calcuim. That's why I have such
crippling osteoarthritis, we were brought up drinking Pepsi as kids,
then on to Coca Cola, and now it's Canada Dry Ginger Ale.
I rarely drink the Ginger Ale any more,

Does Canada Dry have phosphoric acid in it? Somebody care to read
a label?

and if I do, I make sure I have some milk later on.

I don't think that'll help - it's the amount of circulating phosphate
in the bloodstream that does the damage, the amount of calcium you
take in isn't very relevant. It certainly won't counter the effect
of soft-drink phosphate in causing kidney stones.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====