Old May 5th 09, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Our cat bed inventory

Bobcat wrote:

We've been accused of pampering our four cats - Martha, Emily and
Sophie indoors and Mooch our resident stray outdoors. There may be
some truth to this, if you consider this inventory of cat-dedicated
sleeping items around our house. These don't include beds and other
furniture where they also like to nap.

[snip list]

- TOTAL: 10 cat beds, cat cushions, cat sofas and cat chairs

Do we pamper our cats? We'll leave that for you to decide!

I don't have anything that was specifically designed to be a cat bed.
Whenever I see them in the pet store, I want to buy one, but then I
think "I could make one for the fraction of the cost." Of course,
then I never get around to making one!

I don't think my cats suffer for this, though. They're quite adept
at claiming spots as personal sleeping areas. Favorites include my
bed, the folded-up futon in my computer room, the back of the couch,
the shelf next to the window that gets good sunlight, a box of papers
that I've been meaning to shred for at least 5 years (that's a good
hiding place, too, because it's on top of a very tall bookcase, and
if a kitty is in that box I can't see them at all). And pretty much
just about any other place.

In fact, they like to sleep in places that not only weren't designed
for cats, but in fact sometimes look downright uncomfortable. For
example, Smudge used to sleep with her head on my computer monitor,
her lower region resting on the PC tower, and the rest of her stretched
(and sagging) across the gap between the two (my purchases of a flat
screen and then a laptop have put a stop to that). Wouldn't it be
great if there were a site dedicated to photos of cats sleeping in
very uncomfortable-looking places and/or positions, nonetheless
looking totally relaxed? I think cats are fakirs in disguise.

--
Joyce ^..^