Old December 7th 09, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Default French

hopitus wrote:
On Dec 6, 11:22 am, Lesley wrote::
We ate lotsa bologna sandwiches growing up, and just the sight of it
now
evokes an inner gag.....

Okay just what is bologna? I've seen it mentioned and sounds like
it's some sort of salami, which over here is usually found in deli's
with a deli price tag attached
Lesley
Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Bologna is a popular sandwich "meat" that low income people here rely
on to feed their kids quickly and satisfyingly.
It does not have as much flavor as salami, and no little peppercorns
like
some salami does here. It is a "processed" meat product made from
body parts of animals you would turn your nose up at or worse if you
had them placed before you alone and not hidden in a harmless-looking
cheap sandwich sliced meat product. Loaded with preservatives, bad
fat, cholesterol....all the better to clog your arteries. Sadly, this
meat
product as well as its sister processed product, "hot dogs", is
heavily
and frequently marketed on tv here, with its own little ditty sung by
adorable small children. I do eat hot dogs and love them, but am a
total
snob about them and will only eat all beef, kosher ones, marketed by
a totally different conglomerate food outfit, whose marketing is aimed
strictly to adults.

Believe me, during the great depression we were thrilled with baloney
sandwiches. As a kid, we called it ham baloney -- and that is no
baloney. MLB