Old August 19th 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Ralph

Default Communication

The instinct is to cover the food so that other animals don't smell it. The
same reason applies to burying in the litterbox.
If your cat is overweight, try a *little* less in the bowl at one feeding.
I'm told two feedings a day is good.

If the food has a lot of odour, you might try another brand, but I'd stay
with it if the cat is otherwise healthy. They really, really don't like
change.
Gradual change, if necessary, over weeks.

"Ted Davis" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 05:28:18 -0700, Kermit Tisdale wrote:

Hi I have a question that I would appreciate it if someone can help me
with.

Where my cats eats....every now and then, she scatches the floor (4 or 5
times repeatedly) in front of her bowls. I have no idea whats she's
trying
to tell me. My cat prior to this, one would from time to time do the same
thing....scratch in front of his eating bowl. Does anyone know what that
communication is? I'm stumped

Often, that means the cat would prefer to bury the food than to eat it.
Try a different brand/type of food. Also, make sure the food and water
bowls are not too near each other and are well away from litter pans.

--
T.E.D. )