Old November 17th 03, 03:31 PM
kaeli

In article ,
enlightened us with...
Thanks. I'll try these things. The post is supposed to be treated
with catnip, but I'll order some of the spray (small town, no pet
shop, gotta buy everything online).

She's definitely a vertical scratcher...I watch her outside on the
deck posts and trees. But I bought her the horizontal scratch pad
anyway. It's just cardboard, with a ton of catnip dumped into it.

Try REAL catnip.
http://www.petsmart.com/products/product_21483.shtml

Also, if she likes trees and the deck, try a wooden post.
http://www.lovethatcat.com/cat-scratching-post.html
Or even a natural log from your area, bark and all, secured well with a
screw onto a flat, thick board.
http://amby.com/cat_site/declaw.html#build-it

--
~kaeli~
Support your local medical examiner: die strangely!