Old May 6th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathy[_2_]

Default A Pair of Cat's Names

wrote:
Kathy wrote:

I had never heard the term John Thomas being used to mean penis, but I'm
in the US. Odd and unusual names are the norm over here...Our cat's name
is Woodgie, because my daughter (not a little kid, BTW)says that is what
you say when you tickle a kitten...So let's get over this one and change
the subject to weird pet names?

OK, how do you pronounce "Woodgie"? Do the oo's rhyme with "wood", or
with "food"?

One of my cats is named Smudge, but several years ago, a woman I knew
who had Scottish accent would call her "Smoodge", with the oo's like
the ones in "wood". So I sometimes call her "Smoodgie" or, by extension,
"Smoodgie Woodgie".

I had no idea that Woodgie was the official word to say when tickling
a kitten!

Joyce

I didn't know that either, but saw a video and a girl doing that
squishing kind of tickle that you do with a soft kitten and she said
"woodgie, woodgie, woodgie"... We pronounce it with Wood before the
gee....You kind of run the dee and the gee together, you know? :-) Maybe
not....
Kathy