Old August 16th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Dan Espen

Default Cat Pregnancy Questions?

Charlie Wilkes writes:

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:52:55 -0400, Upscale wrote:

"cindys" wrote in message
least bit quick or painless. Suffocating and having one's lungs fill up

with
water would IMO be the worst death imaginable. It would be a horrible
way for the kitten to die.

Possibly. But, balance the few seconds it would take to become
unconscious against the hours the kitten was in agony while someone was
looking for a vet to euthanize the kitten. Reverse the roles and I know
which method I'd prefer to die.

Why do you think the U.S. gov't uses simulated drowning to extract
information from prisoners? Answer -- because it works. And why does it
work? Answer -- because it's painful and terrifying.

Can't see how water boarding could that be painful.
Prisoner holds his breath, if he inhales, they have a problem.
I don't believe they want that.

It's scary thats for sure and I'm not a torture advocate.

I like to swim as far as I can under water,
as you run out of air, panic sets in.

In the cat's case, sure the cat is scared.
It's going to inhale sooner or later but I don't
believe the water in the lungs is all that painful.
Yes, I've breathed in water, it hurts but it's not the
worst pain I've ever had.
It's just water. By the time it inhales it's going to
be light headed anyway. Death follows soon after.

No I don't want to try it.

When you have a cat with it's guts hanging out,
what's more painful, the trip to the vet or
5 minutes under water?

I thought it was common practice to put down dogs
thru suffocation?

Nasty subject anyway...