Old August 21st 12, 09:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default (OT) Wish me Luck!

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I met with the President of the Board of Directors and the Membership
Director yesterday to address this ridiculous requirement of having to be a
member of "the club". (My friend and neighbor came along to provide moral
support.) This meeting is my last hope of not having to sell the house.

I was asked to gather my financial information so my request for a waiver
of the membership requirement can be presented to the Board. No promises,
of course. At least they're willing to consider my situation. It's not
like I planned to move here. I moved here to take care of my parents.
There's no other reason I would have come here.

Since their deaths in 2008, this has become my home. I really don't want
to have to move. My last memories of my parents are in this house. My
mother died in this house. I have some very strong ties to this place
(even though I don't like golfers in my back yard and don't use the
"amenities" this membership offers.)

Anyway, the Board can issue a club membership waiver if the majority agree
I'm a "hardship" case. They were very nice people, and seemed to
understand my situation. But it's not up to one person.

I'm thinking I should give them copies of my tax returns which clearly
prove I don't have an income. Maybe also submit copies of Persia's vet
and R/x food bills. Not to mention paying the plumber and repairing the
required security system. And I keep my lawn nice and tidy, even though I
have to pay someone to do that, too.

Of course I have regular bills to pay, just like anyone else. I'm rather
fond of having food, electricity and running water. Persia and basic
necessities take priority over their club membership in my book.

I could use some purrs that I prevail in this matter.

Jill

Purrs are on the way. Yes, give them all that information, by all means.

Joy