Old January 26th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default One week to go......

"McZ19" wrote in message
ups.com...

On Jan 25, 3:12 pm, "Mischief" wrote:
One week from today I will take my State Board Exam for the RVT.
(Mischief reluctantly gets up and jumps onto my computer monitor with
her tail hanging over the monitor)

Best of luck on your exam, but, as an aside, I'd be very cautious about
letting your kitty spend time on top of your monitor. Before I got an
LCD monitor several years ago, my Cindy used to spend hours draped
over my monitor (usually with a paw or a tail strategically placed to
annoy me!) She was on tapazole at the time and seemed to be having a
bad reaction; her skin ulcerated on her elbows and the points of her
hocks, leaving a bloody mess wherever she sat. It was horrible. Once
I got rid of my CRT and she couldn't sit there anymore, her skin
problems cleared up very quickly. She's also been anemic for years and
her marrow now has pretty much shut down. I attribute a lot of her
health problems to that time spent sitting on the monitor; that
radiation ain't good fer ya!

McZ, slave to Bonnie and Cindy, the Russian Blue wannabes

It could have been the combination of the tapazole and the heat from the
monitor. I've had several cats who spent a lot of time on top of my monitor
without any adverse reactions.

Joy