Old August 23rd 07, 12:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

Default NOT An Automatic Death Sentence

My oldest cat, Buddy, is FIV positive, FeLV positive, FIP positive and has
bad liver. He was a stray I took in 6 years ago this coming week and he
picked up all that while living rough. He is still alive 3 years after
being diagnosed with all those diseases. He is getting old now, tired and
skinny but in no pain. He probably won't be with me much longer., But he
is an old cat and has lived with serious diseases for year now and he has
been quite happy and content and clearly enjoys his life.

There simply is no reason to put down an animal unless it is suffering. I
was torn up when I hard Buddy was so sick. So I resolved to just take it
day by day, make sure he gets good food, make sure he does not get into
trouble with other cats and the result is 3 years of happiness with him.

When the time comes, they will tell you. I remember my first cat, Zipper.
He died of cancer in 01. I kept him alive too long, he was ready to go
and
I wouldn't let him. So you can be too quick, you can also be too slow.
Best to let them tell you.

Paul

Just to clarify - does you cat have FIP or did it test positive for the
Corona Virus? As far as I know there is no test that will test positive just
for a corona virus that has mutated to the FIP form and can only indicate
the presence of some form of Corona.