Old July 26th 03, 04:57 PM
*~*SooZy*~*

"Sherry " wrote in message
| How do you know they are purebred?
|
| If it looks, acts, walks and smells purebred, it's purebred enough to
| have come from purebred parents or parentage. Some come in with
| pedigrees, as well.

Besides that, we know ours are purebred because the pond scum people who
relinquish them are all too happy to provide the papers, and are more than
happy to stand there and say "We paid $500 for her, and we *really* don't

want
to give her up, but insert lame excuse. They act like they're giving us

some
kind of "gift." BTW, they get adopted real quick. Which *does* displace a
shelter cat--people come in looking for any cat, spot the purebred and

want
that one. That's why we turn them over to breed rescues if there is one
available. We had a Korat recently and couldn't locate a breed rescue

closeby
for it.

Sherry

I think pedigree/purebred cat breeders, are at least keeping their cats
under control.... eg not releasing papers on kittens sold until proof from
vets they have been neutered, many only sell as pets not for breeding, (non
active papers.)
People pay a lot more for potential stud/queens, and they do not let their
cats roam about getting pregnant as much! maybe due to the sheer snobbery of
it all!

I think its the people who just buy the cute little moggie they see at a
mates house, they buy it with all good *intentions* to start with, then
she/he gets out always just before they were just about to take it to the
vets to be neutered!!!!! and then a litter arrives! unwanted kittens, then
their mates take one on and so it goes on! most winding up in shelter some
being pregnant too :-(

--
Luv'n'Stuff
*~*SooZy*~*