Old February 2nd 04, 06:42 AM
Adam Helberg

"Kath" wrote in message
om...
I've received great advice here before so I'll try again. I have a 4
month old kitten and even though I have every intention of keeping her
as an indoor cat, just in case she ever gets out, I want her to wear a
collar and tag. I assume it's smart to try training her to wear a
collar while she is young so I bought the smallest, lightest weight
cat collar I could find and put it on her. (Without the tag, that'll
be added to the band of the collar when she gets bigger.) She seems
okay for a while but then will suddenly start shaking her head and
scratching at the collar. It's not too tight or loose, I'm sure that
it fits okay, she just isn't used to wearing it. I'm just looking for
any hints or tips anyone might have that will help her get used to it
and comfortable faster. If that's at all possible!

I first put a cat safety collar on my cat at 7 months without problems.
Maybe 4 months is too early.