Old February 2nd 04, 03:49 PM
kaeli

In article ,
enlightened us with...
I've received great advice here before so I'll try again. I have a 4
month old kitten and even though I have every intention of keeping her
as an indoor cat, just in case she ever gets out, I want her to wear a
collar and tag. I assume it's smart to try training her to wear a
collar while she is young so I bought the smallest, lightest weight
cat collar I could find and put it on her. (Without the tag, that'll
be added to the band of the collar when she gets bigger.) She seems
okay for a while but then will suddenly start shaking her head and
scratching at the collar. It's not too tight or loose, I'm sure that
it fits okay, she just isn't used to wearing it. I'm just looking for
any hints or tips anyone might have that will help her get used to it
and comfortable faster. If that's at all possible!

Collars come off. Especially the breakaway ones you're supposed to use
so they don't choke accidentally.
Please get her microchipped, whether she wears a collar or not. Pretty
much all shelters and vets checklost cats for chips these days.

Other than that, I can't help much here, as I don't like to leave
collars on my (indoor) kids. I'm terribly afraid they'll hurt themselves
while I'm gone.

~kaeli~
The Bermuda Triangle got tired of warm weather. It moved to
Finland. Now Santa Claus is missing.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace