Old August 24th 04, 08:09 PM
jmcquown

Christina Websell wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
Lastly, even if I could afford and take this sweet little darlin'
in, Persia is a one-cat cat. She freaks if she sees another one
through the window. I simply can't disrupt her life that way.

If I could figure a way to trap this little one and take it to a
rescue place to be cared for, I would. Maybe you have some
suggestions that won't attract every feral cat in the neighborhood?

Jill

Here in UK there are cat charities that will lend you a trap, which
does not guarantee that you won't catch someone you don't want.
It ain't easy and you can only try your best.

I have a trap. I bought it a year or so ago when there was a cat coming
around constantly annoying Persia through the windows. Persia even crashed
through the screen on my sliding patio doors to try to get "at" this cat.
After that I invested in a baby-gate to put between the screen and the
sliding glass door.

How do you know Persia wouldn't like a little pal? Eventually, of
course, at first she would go ape-**** (hope I can use this phrase
here) Might be worth trying for a few weeks.
How lovely for her to have a friend, if at all possible.

Tweed

Persia goes ape-**** LOL just seeing another cat. Besides, I can't afford
the vet bills to make sure this little guy/gal doesn't have something that
would pass on to Persia if I got it in the house. I have only the bathroom
where I could keep the kitten until I could be sure. But having just
shelled out $900 for Persia's surgery plus special food, I just can't afford
it. And I'm pretty sure my apartment manager would be none-too-thrilled to
find I'd negotiated a lesser rent by her waiving the pet fee for Persia only
to find I took in another cat. The maintenance man reports things like that
to her. I can't step on her good graces that way.

It's a dilemma. I went out a minute ago to see if I could snap a photo of
the kitten. It's started to rain. I can't find the kitten, but it could be
well hidden as it is so afraid of me. (sigh)

Jill