Old May 28th 12, 07:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default horrible yowling outside

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

Poor boyfie.

I have been told that the more noise from a cat fight the less damage
there is. This doesn't help when it's your cat I know.

I hope so

Sootie had an
almighty fight a couple of weeks ago. She was about to come inside when
she heard something and shot up the garden and straight up on the seven
foot fence to chase something away. at top, I couldn't see anything but
she shot over into the garden next door then all hell let loose. I called,
stupidly I know but I couldn't do anything else. Then after about five
minutes of howling, hissing and screeching (not to mention DH calling me
from upstairs, as he had gone to bed, to tell me there was a cat fight,
"You don't say" I thought) all went quite. I called, sootie came back
after a few minutes but was very agitated. she wouldn't come inside or be
fussed. Then off she went again over the fence. My heart was in my mouth
but she came back after a while. I tried to check her over but like Boyfie
she would have none of it. She was very upset all night prowling from one
window to another.

Purrs for boyfie to calm down soon and not be hurt in any way.

I have found that if he has a fight, which is very rarely, he gets terribly
upset and agitated, like Sootie. No way could I have checked him over when
he came in as you discovered yourself.

He seems absolutely fine, no sign of injuries that I can see, no sign of
limping. Probably it was mostly hiss and spit with a standoff that ended
in:
Boyfie: you are in my front garden
Other cat: No, it is mine
Boyfie: It absolutely isn't, want to fight about it?
Other cat: Yes, you are a wimpie boy and you need KFC to protect you.
Boyfie: I will fight to the death, then.

In reality, Boyfie is far too gentle to do this, but he can give an account
of himself if he really has to.
I suspect that the yowling was about "I can intimidate you, without the need
to fight"