Old January 6th 05, 04:43 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Pat at
wrote on 1/5/05 9:35 PM:

Billy and Lily are getting lumps of tangled fur on their undersides. They
are beyond combing and brushing out, and I'm scared to try to cut them off.
They seem to trust me enough but I don't trust myself. Who can tell me the
safest procedure? I don't want it to get any worse than it is.

You need to get at them before they get too close to the skin. Use round
tipped scissors and be very very careful. I would think you would need
someone to hold them while you worked. However, I will say we always left
the underneath ones for a groomer or vet to shave off.