Old January 6th 05, 06:29 PM
O J

Pat wrote:

Billy and Lily are getting lumps of tangled fur on their undersides. They
are beyond combing and brushing out, and I'm scared to try to cut them off.
They seem to trust me enough but I don't trust myself. Who can tell me the
safest procedure? I don't want it to get any worse than it is.

I think that the only way I will ever again trim a knot in a cat's fur
is to slip a large-tooth comb between the skin and the knot. Then I
cut the fur above the comb. If there's still a little tangle, it can
usually be combed out.

My poor little Persian, Roxy, didn't even whimper when one time she
lost some skin as I thought I was cutting fur, but was really cutting
loose skin. (It still makes me physically ill when I think of it!)
Cats are a loose skinned animal and it can be so difficult to tell.

Regards and Purrs,
O J