Old July 8th 07, 02:48 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Default The things you come across on Usenet (cats)

On 7 Jul, 13:36, Baldoni wrote:
I would never let any of my cats wear a collar.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/control-pet-cats/

Saying that the people in the UK are watched and spied upon by Govt
agencies, who knows what is next. Camera's in trees !

--
Count Baldoni

what a load of ********! I too would never oput a collar on a cat, I
think it is unnecessary and utterly inhumane to put something like
that on any animal, trying to mark out another animal as something we
'own' when i believe that no animal onthis earth has to right to think
it 'owns' any other, utterly despicable practise.

it won't go through anyway, and the concept behind it woudl contradict
the ruling that a cat 'owner' cannot be held responsible for the
actions of said cat if it enters a neighbours property and/or damages
that property as the cat is a semi-wild creature which cannot be
controlled inthe same manner as a dog can. If this is accepted then
the proposal that cats must wear collars on order for the owners to
control their behaviour is absurd.

for the reasons I ahve put above and those stated by sheelagh i abhor
collars on cats and i will never put one on a cat who lives with me

bookie