Old April 6th 12, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Teeth cleaning?

"Jane" wrote in message
On Thursday, April 5, 2012 6:04:06 PM UTC-4, Christina Websell wrote:
I can hardly believe that Boyfriend came to me in 2003. It seems like
yesterday.
He is very healthy but he does not hunt as much as he did - that's OK
with
me, you can get fed up with having dead mousies and small ratties put on
the
carpet just in front of the kettle so you are sure to tread on them when
you
make yourself a cup of tea in morning. For my breakfast, you understand.
He has, apart from if a stupid bird jumps in front of him with suicidal
intent, which he cannot resist, not caught a birdie since KFC was here.
He
was the hunter man for her as she just loved eating birds and he would
bring
her them when she got too frail to get them herself.
No, I did not like it, but when KFC only wanted to eat a collared dove,
and
not cat food when she was failing, he went out and got her several and
put
them in front of her.
He never ate one himself and never shows any interest in them now.
How did he know to do that?

Tweed

Well, it's obvious that he is a particularly intelligent and discerning
gentleman. And he's found the perfect home for his gentlemanly nature.
He's such a lucky boy and you are a very fortunate slave.

I know everyone thinks that their cat is the most intelligent and wonderful
cat in the world, but Boyfie seems to be extremely intelligent, much more so
than KFC. I hope I give him a good home, I think so. It's a safe place
for him to roam and he can indulge his hunting instincts by catching mousies
and small ratties (he doesn't do the big ones) if he wants to. If he
doesn't he can retire to his bedroom and sleep on his duvet. His meals are
served on the dot (he won't let me get away with 10 minutes late.)
We are both lucky. He found me and I am more than glad he did. My quiet
home suits him too, so he did well, the lad did.
Tweed