Old March 20th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default OT Calif. City Bans Smoking in Public Places

Marina wrote:
wrote:

For our friends in all the other countries -- what is the attitude
toward smoking there? Do many people still smoke? Is it banned in
restaurants, public buildings, hotels and such?
Thanks for the info.--I was just curious.

In Finland, smoking is banned in public buildings, public transport
and workplaces. Bars and restaurants have to have smoking and
non-smoking areas, and there are pretty detailed rules on how to
arrange the non-smoking area so that it is truly smoke-free.
Parliament is preparing a complete ban on smoking in bars and
restaurants.

I would also ban it within 100 metres of the entrance and anywhere that
children are present.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.