Old November 23rd 04, 05:03 PM
Yngver

itty (Sherry ) wrote:

Sorry to follow-up my own post, but I wanted to add that instead of a
subscription to Cat Fancy, your money is much better spent on Cornell's Cat
Newsletter. Particularly if you're not interested in purebreds and just want
good, solid cat health/behavior articles. There is some good stuff in there,
and you know it's reliable information.

Another good one is Catnip, from Tufts University School of Medicine. They are
similar to Ca****ch, Cornell's newsletter, although in some ways I think they
are actually more accurate.

As for Cat Fancy, I think they don't have much choice but to cater to their
advertisers, as many magazines must to survive. Cats magazine and the Whole Cat
Journal did not survive financially, so that leaves Cat Fancy and they appear
to be on shaky grounds as well. Your modest subscription fee does not keep a
magazine like that afloat; they need advertising dollars.