Old August 16th 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

Default Cat Life Expectancy and a death...

Tiger's an indoor cat - what's a realistic expectation for his life
expectancy? My son picked him out of a farm-cat litter when he was a
toddler. Though I've dealt with a lot of cat deaths, when Tiger goes
it'll be a big blow to him - prolly when he's away at college. Hell,
it'll be a big blow to me, too.

Cats' lives are like people's. Some of them are very healthy and others
are plagued with health problems. If he's healthy and a good weight, he
could live many more years. I can relate with your son--my childhood
cat died in January at the age of 19.

The good news is that feline medicine has improved greatly in the last
decade. Take him in for annual (or twice per year) check ups and
bloodwork to keep an eye on his health. And, of course, shower him
daily with love.

Rene