Old February 12th 05, 01:33 AM
mlbriggs

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:42:34 -0800, O J wrote:

Monique wrote:

---------------------snip----------------------
I really don't understand why she feels the need to point her butt at us, but
there it is.

It can also be a way to confirm the identity of the cat. I lack a
sense of smell, but to most people I suspect all cat butts smell the
same. To each other though, I believe the scent from the anal glands
makes them all smell different.

Only one of my cats will put his butt in my face, but I always grab
him, pantomime sniffing his butt, and say, "Is that my Sumo? Let me
smell that butt to make sure it's my little boy."

Regards and Purrs,
O J

How about a picture of that?