Old November 6th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default OT, new operation date

mlbriggs wrote:
On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 21:20:20 +0000, Christina Websell wrote:

Will be November 23 as an inpatient at a different hospital. My
family are not coming up good to help me - too busy at work and with
their young children.

Thank goodness for my friend, June. She phoned me tonight, she will
feed and water my chickens every day and feed the cats for as long
as is necessary and will come for weeks to put 56lb sacks of chicken
food into my barrels where I store it so I don't have to lift them
myself.
It's not as if she doesn't have enough to do, herself. She has
lots of dogs, a useless husband who seems unable to stir his own
teacup and her father is in a home and she visits him daily.
I think she might be a saint.

Tweed

There is an old saying: "If you want something done, ask a busy
person."

I guess that is true -- they are the doers. Purrs for your
"wildlife" to be healthy and safe while you are laid up. MLB

I worked with a woman who was not only the full time database administrator
at the office, she ran a farm. She raised horses, cattle, chickens and at
one time even a couple of emus. She sewed most of her own (including lined
suit jackets and skirts) and her childrens clothing. When she added onto
the house she did the plumbing and wiring herself (she did hire some guys to
do the framing and the sheetrock). She cooked from scratch every day. She
lives out in the country in another county so she drove about 80 miles to
and from work. And she managed a rental house on some adjoining property so
she got to deal with renters, too. I've NO idea how she did it all, but she
did. And if anyone she knew needed help she was there to offer it, whatever
it may be... meals, pet care, yard work, whatever. She was and still is a
dynamo.

Jill