Old October 6th 16, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Marlo returns?

On Wed, 05 Oct 2016 19:41:10 -0700, The New Other Guy
wrote:

On Wed, 5 Oct 2016 19:05:23 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

On 10/5/2016 4:20 PM, Bastette wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

Best of luck! I'm in southern South Carolina. I've been watching the
Hurricane Matthew storm track. It's actually a pretty slow-moving
hurricane. Strong, but slow.

Isn't slow-moving a bad thing? Storms do a lot more damage when they
stop and hang out in an area for a while, than they would do if they just
kept moving by.

I dunno. I've lived here for years and never had to leave. Lots of the
neighbors packed up and left. I'm just sitting here looking at a whole
lot of nothing in terms of weather. It's not even raining but people
left in droves.

Unfortunately, THAT is likely to change tomorrow, and especially Friday.

This is a very dangerous storm, and will likely cause significant
damage.

We're about 30 miles south of West Palm Beach and it's supposed to be
worse up there. 30 miles doesn't sound like much but it seems to be
making the difference for us. We'll mostly get the wind from the north
which should slow it down as it goes overland, and certainly plenty of
rain but we're used to plenty of rain. They're saying 8-12 inches,
again that's a lot but it can rain 4" in an hour without a hurricane
and not be that unusual.

So we figure that Mom and Marlo will sit it out in their house and
I'll be with Scooter, Baby, and Nipsy. Likely no return of Marlo this
time around but we'll see as Matthew comes closer.

We are almost certainly going to be without power for a few days and
that will be annoying. It's supposed to be upper 80's and humid (it's
always humid).

So things will be bad but we'll likely all survive. I have lots of
canned food (mmm, Chef-Boy-Ar-dee ravioli!) which we can cook on the
grill. We all have electric stoves so those won't work.

Thanks for the good wishes. Let's see how it works out.