Old October 12th 04, 06:20 AM
Cat Protector

I feel bad for the OP as well as Whiskas. This vet was not just an asshole
but an uncaring and unfeeling individual.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"MacCandace" wrote in message
I'm very sorry about Whiskas. The vet sounds like a real a$$hole (and I
stress
the $$ part). I know vets do get stiffed sometimes but I'm surprised he
didn't
offer to work out a payment plan with you the first time you took him in
considering that it was quite serious. In my experience, the vets I have
gone
to do not advertise that they will take a payment plan but if you're in a
pinch, then they will. It helps to have some sort of a relationship
established with a vet so that he/she will give you the benefit of the
doubt
should you ever need it.

I'm sure your kitty had a good 11 years prior to this awful ending. It's
very
sad for you and, although it won't help Whiskas any, I would do what
others
have suggested and report the jerk-vet to the vet board, the humane
society,
the BBB, whoever...

He's happy and whole again now and you will meet again someday.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye
other
than human." (Loren Eisely)