Old February 12th 08, 04:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Dad Update and Pet Therapy

Hi folks and once again purrs to all who need them.

Dad was transferred to the nursing home yesterday. I got off the
phone with his doctor a little while ago. I am mildly furious (!)
that the hospital didn't give him some rather critical information.
He knew they'd been giving Dad "breathing treatments". They *didn't*
tell him Dad used the Advair inhaler at home for emphysema nor did
they indicate what, if any, his oxygen readings were when they gave
him the breathing treatments. The doctor was calling me because they
were pushing 4 litres of oxygen and couldn't get an oxygen level on
him. Oh good lord! When I explained Dad used an inhaler he almost
exploded himself. Why didn't they tell him this?! Now he knows how
to more aggressively treat Dad for that particular problem.

When I was over there signing all the paperwork yesterday I asked the
admissions director if they ever had people bring pets in to visit
(not that Dad has or had a pet). She said oh, yes! They have a pet
therapy group that comes in and brings therapy dogs and cats a few
times a month. Even though Dad hasn't had a pet of his own since he
was a little boy, I really feel he'd get a kick out of seeing the
therapy pets

I should have my own computer in the next couple of days. (I'm still
posting from the neighbor's house.) Can't tell you what a relief it
will be!

Jill