Old September 12th 09, 07:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default Cat Using toilet and toilet paper

wrote in message
Marina wrote:

Caliban often flushes my toilet, because it is flushed by a
button on
the tank, and he often waltzes around there and accidentally
steps on
the button. The weirdest thing is when he steps on the button
while I'm
using the 'throne'. Unfortunately, he hasn't taken to using the
toilet
instead of the litter box. My sister's cat, Linus, did learn to
use the
toilet, just by watching my sister.

I think it's amazing that he figured out what she was doing while
sitting there. Sure, they know you spend time there, and that
you're
a captive audience for feline attention. And they know that when
you
stand up, you press that button or lever and it makes a lot of
noise,
and then the water swirls around, in what is for some a
fascinating
way. But do they understand why you were sitting there to begin
with?
Apparently, Linus did. Is he generally a smart cat?

Joyce

Cats have a highly developed sense of smell and excellent hearing.
Why would he not understand why she was sitting there?

Jo