Old October 17th 05, 01:03 AM
Rebecca Root

Default My Cat has turned into a Bully towards my Other Cat-Help

On 2005-10-16 16:09:04 -0600, "lisa1124 via CatKB.com" u14942@uwe said:

snip, snip
How can I stop Boo from
being such a bully?

My otherwise peaceful cats became enemies this past summer. After a
trip to the vet to rule out physical causes, I went through the whole
reintroduction process with them: isolating in separate areas and
gradually allowing contact. I used the method on the maxhouse website.
My case was different than yours in that both cats were angry and would
attack each other. It took two rounds of isolation to work it out. The
first time, I was able to reintroduce them after five days and all was
well for a month. The second time, it took a full month to get back to
normal. We've been OK now for almost two months. My cats were triggered
by seeing stranger cats out the window and displacing the aggression
towards each other. If you go this route, I can give you more tips, as
I got a lot of finer points from a behaviorist for the second round.
Good luck.